giovedì 6 agosto 2009

The countdown continues.....

Today is my penultimate day in the office, and since the Big Boss left for Sicily this morning, we (the entire team) have already enjoyed a very long coffee break down at the bar, an extra long lunch break,songs downloaded from Limewire, photos uploaded on Facebook, and general office merriment. Tomorrow is Prosecco and Pasticcini day, and from Saturday I will be officially switching off the alarm clock until August 25th. Yay! (Don't think that we're all total slackers PS; it's been a long, tough year!!)
Luca got his bike back from the mechanics last week (after two months....) and I decided that it was time to overcome my fear and have him take me for a 'giro' on Sunday afternoon. He was pleased that I was showing interest in his number one passion but almost refused to go ahead with it seeing me pull on my helmet, shaking like a leaf, and with big fat tears of anguish rolling down my face.
Determined not to be a wimp, I went through with it, and while Luca spent the whole time asking if I was OK, was I sure, did I want to stop, etc., my response was always "Woooooooo!! Faster!! Faster!!". So much for petrified! The next plan is to take the bike to the coast for a day at the end of August. Not sure if a half hour tour of the countryside around our house is enough experience to pass straight to the 150 kilometer drive to the beach, but I guess in at the deep end is the best way. We'll see....
So this time next week we'll be in Tuscany. Following a little (friendly) persuasion on my part, we decided to tag 3 days in Rome on the end of the week. Luca's never been (I know I know, it's unforgiveable for an Italian....) and although I have, it was a long time ago. It will be deserted, I know, but it's almost better that way - less opportunity to prang the 500 in the rush hour traffic!!

BUONE VACANZE A TUTTI !!!

4 commenti:

Anne in Oxfordshire ha detto...

I hope your boss doesn't read your blog :-)..

I cannot believe that Luca has not been to Rome..that is unreal :-(

Well you seem to overcome your fear of Lucas passion, you need to read a blog I read.....

http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/

you need to start reading round about mid july..it is an awesome trip :-)

Emmina ha detto...

I doubt that the boss reads the blog, but to be honest he's a "as long as you get the job done, no problem" kind of person, so he probably wouldn't care!
I'll have a look at the blog you recommended and let you know what I think...Thanks!!

Audra ha detto...

Buone vacanze!!!! :) :)

Saretta ha detto...

Hope you had a great vacation!