lunedì 12 luglio 2010

Hot

It’s Monday morning, back to school (or that’s how it feels) and I spent the entire weekend at home, lying on the sofa under the air conditioning whilst the outside world enjoyed 35 degree heat. Not sure that “enjoyed” is necessarily the best word for it – it was so humid that the 2 minutes I spent outside to move my car made it absolutely unbearable – although I’m sure that those thousands of people who hit the beach this weekend had a much nicer time of it than I did, all things considered. It’s not that I’m lazy or incapable of “making the most of things” (as my mum would say), but this weekend brought with it a rather unpleasant situation whereby constant nausea prevented me from behaving like a normal person, and if it wasn’t for Luca sticking by me and sacrificing his weekend for the sake of the common good…..well, I don’t know what I would have done. So, unfortunately I am unable to regale you with tales of exciting trips, new discoveries, run-ins with the local peasant community, or any of the half-readable stuff I normally like to write about. Instead we watched two films – ‘Wolfman’, which was scary but entertaining enough and another with Denzel Washington (don’t remember the title), which was set in a post-apocalyptic future and involved him trying to get the last surviving bible to a safe location. Very forgettable but we always appreciate Denzel, no? And that was my weekend. Two mediocre movies and a 200 euro electricity bill (that’s my estimate based on the 24/7 air con – and we didn’t even care!)… If anything more interesting happens in the near future, I’ll be sure to document it….

1 commento:

Piccola ha detto...

Hope you're feeling better. Ale always tells me how hot it is in Milano. He's there right now and I am here in the USA. The weather here is so nice right now. Perfect. Not hot, not cold, sunny, clear and just right. Even still, I'd rather be there melting away with him :-)
Sorry to read about the major bust up with your other half's parents. That must be hard. I had one with the best friend of 30 years. We've been friends since before we could walk! Ah well, such is life I suppose. I haven't blogged much myself lately...maybe in the Fall when Ale finally arrives here.
I look forward to reading your upcoming posts!